I have translated 12 stories from சார்வாகன் கதைகள் almost a couple of years back. Its my first translation effort. After which, I have translated 11 children stories (படக்கதைகள்) for Mr. Arvind Gupta, "Toys from trash". They are published online in archive.org.
Out of the 12 stories, I have posted 3 of them here after a review and revision. Nothing so far reached any publisher from my side. I look forward for any suggestion which might improve the work.
Out of these three stories I found நாதப்பிரும்மம் very challenging. There is yet another story "கடவுள் சிரித்தார்", which I found really taxing. yet to review.
Almost, each and every story is of different characteristics and posed variety of challenges.
I can't really explain why I took சார்வாகன் கதைகள். I just started reading as a habit and suddenly thought of translating each story one after the other. Then came to know about Dr. Hari Srinivasan,
(சார்வாகன்) from Thalam (தளம்) magazine. Interacted with my friend Mr. Sidharth, who interviewed
சார்வாகன் for தளம். Possibly, Mr. Sidharth would have introduced சார்வாகன்.
Its not in my destiny that I meet சார்வாகன்.
Kumaresan M.
Comments
Post a Comment